With the scarcity of land on Cape Cod, Bayside Building has found a number of exclusive neighborhoods – where homes that have existed for 30 years – that can be rebuilt to feature all of today’s standards. But in order to make that happen, or any demo/rebuild for that matter, we need to follow a meticulous process, and do the job right from the start. This involves working hands-on tenants and landowners, and taking great care not to tear down or destroy any properties that are not marked for the project.
Bayside invites you to examine our demo/rebuilding process and become more familiar with how we can assist you with your construction project – be it residential or commercial!
- Property Assessment: The first stage of a demo/ Rebuild is to assess the property to determine what structures or utilities are worth saving. The utilities must be assessed along with zoning regulations, setbacks, neighborhood restrictions, septic availability, and conservation laws.
- Design: The Design stage of the demo/rebuild process reviews your desired structure to make sure it meets the qualifications of the zoning laws and that we can build it with the current regulations. Size, height, number of bedrooms, landscaping, pools, barns and garages are all reviewed
- Demolition: Once a design has been approved and the client is satisfied with the new home that is proposed to be built, the demolition can start. There are a number of steps in the demolition process. These steps include utility shut offs, demolition permits, hazardous material abatements, existing structure demolition and removal of materials.
- Permits: Before construction can start a building permit is required. To obtain this there are a number of steps that must be taken such as Board of Health approval, Fire Department Stamps, zoning approval, plumbing permit, electrical permit, and home energy rating system certification. Once the permits are obtained the construction can start.
- Construction: There are a series of stages in the construction of a new home. Some of the major stages are foundation, framing, sidewalling, roofing, rough electric, rough plumbing, heating, insulation, sheet rocking, trimming, flooring, painting, and finish work.